Thursday 18 July 2013

Holiday time

I am in the process of seeing if I can take the boys well the young two on holiday in August to Cornwall, I have a good friend who has a farm on the banks of the tamar and hope they have the room for us to stay with them.
We have been down before when Zak was six and Adam 10 and they loved it, playing on hay bales although it was dangerous and driving phils car around one of his fields in turn with me sitting in the back.
Phil is like a brother really he is an only child too and we met when we worked together when I was 19 and he 17.
He is now with another friend Wendy and she moved down in April after through me they were reacquainted, we all worked together in another home in the 80's in fact when I was expecting Joe Wendy gave me her old clothes, she had three girls.....they had told me on the scan that he was a girl!! So for a brief period he was resplendent in pink baby gros!
The trip landing has reminded me of good times, as a child visiting wools Combe in north Devon every year, building sand castles on the beach with dad and body surfing before the beach was filled with surfers dragging their boards behind them. Rolling down the dunes that circle the cove. Visiting lee and horse riding, the year that they let me gallop out on my own along the cliff. Looking in rock pools for crabs and sticklebacks. The excitement of going to visit my friend Jayne who had moved to Plymouth after we both moved from aldershot. It did really always seem to be sunny, so hot that on the beach we would get four rocket lollies one for me mum and dad and one for the dog a liver and white cocker spaniel called pal, on the long journey from Norfolk to Devon she would be my pillow in the days before seat belts, I would and my radio in the back too and remember listening to dont go breaking my heart as we trundled along in dads old rover 80. We knew we were near when the roads started to narrow to the point that one of the cars would have to reverse into a passing lane to let the other through.on the way down we would visit wookey hole at cheddar gorge, but never visited stone henge which I would hopefully visit on the way down with the boys if I take the A303.
So we will see Devon just means happy sunny times to me and I would love to go back again, here's hoping Wendy and phil ok the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment